Re: [opensuse] Help extening a script

David C. Rankin wrote:
On 03/02/2010 08:59 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:

David C. Rankin wrote:

On 03/02/2010 03:36 PM, Rikard Johnels wrote:

jhead seems nice.... But it also seems to only manipulate the exif data
in jpeg files. The OP's original files are PEF files. This is a RAW
image data produced by Pentax cameras. I believe the OP wants to
preserve the camera information and other information in the resulting
jpeg files. I don't see how jhead help in his case.

I stand corrected. You got me there. Will exiftool extract the data from raw?

Yes, it does. I tested it before suggesting the command to use as I
wasn't sure either.
I'll have to look it up.

I've used both jhead and exiftool and both are good. However when I was readying
the family pictures to move into gallery2 and organizing the layout by picture
taken date, jhead cut the time to parse and organize the 8,000+ photos to only a
few minutes while exiftool was taking nearly 1/2 hour.

Thanks Ed

Welcome...

--
葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段