Re: [opensuse] Kmail and Mailmerge

Constant Brouerius van Nidek said the following on 03/05/2010 07:02 AM:
Have googled for this subject but did not find much recent
information.
Seems that we with opensuse working with Kmail still have to use
openoffice. Has there been no change since 2004, one of the uppermost
find on google and today? Still no mailer in Linux which can do an
easy
mailmerge?

Oh.
I use the shell.

Try this

#! /usr/bin/sh

cat mailing_list.txt | while read DEST
do
metasend -b -e 7bit -t $DEST \
-s $SUBJECT "\
-F $FROM \
-m "text/plain" -f "$MESSAGE.txt" \
-n \
-S 10000000 \
-m "application/pdf;name=\"$MESSAGE.pdf\"" \
-f $MESSAGEpdf \
-D $MESSAGE.pdf
sleep 5 # so as not to overload MTA
done

Happy user for a number of year :-)

--
Our institutions and values are in jeopardy as the mores of the
market pervade all social life in this country. Loyalty, honesty,