Re: [opensuse] Kmail and Mailmerge

Constant Brouerius van Nidek said the following on 03/05/2010 07:02 AM:
Have googled for this subject but did not find much recent
information.
Seems that we with opensuse working with Kmail still have to use
openoffice. Has there been no change since 2004, one of the uppermost
find on google and today? Still no mailer in Linux which can do an
easy
mailmerge?

Oh.
I use the shell.

Try this

#! /usr/bin/sh

cat mailing_list.txt | while read DEST
do
metasend -b -e 7bit -t $DEST \
-s $SUBJECT "\
-F $FROM \
-m "text/plain" -f "$MESSAGE.txt" \
-n \
-S 10000000 \
-m "application/pdf;name=\"$MESSAGE.pdf\"" \
-f $MESSAGEpdf \
-D $MESSAGE.pdf
sleep 5 # so as not to overload MTA
done
----------------------------

Happy user for a number of year :-)

--
Our institutions and values are in jeopardy as the mores of the
market pervade all social life in this country. Loyalty, honesty,

  • Re: [opensuse] Why are there not more using Linux?
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Post-installation: how to auto-configure network adapter (ie. enable internet access)?
    ... how am I supposed to know that Debian commands have changed a lot ... Microsoft Windows XP is the most stable OS to come out of Microsoft to ... And you have already shown you have little background in Linux, as this post once again shows. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] More 10.2 nightmares
    ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... I have learned quite a lot about linux since ... linux, and all the girls use macs, so it's an all-unix house, and virus free! ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] More 10.2 nightmares
    ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... about linux since then and am willing to try anything. ... It's like console game companies, w/ the exception that game makers ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: New IP based security hole in Windows 2000 (yet again)
    ... First you see the boot loader - GRUB which is not Linux. ... used to load any thing, including windoze, *nix, *BSD - you name it. ... But the commands I'm using? ... the compiling) and 'make install' which installs the executables. ...
    (alt.computer.security)