Re: [opensuse] Novell for sale.
- From: John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 12:23:06 -0800
On 3/6/2010 11:57 AM, Philipp Thomas wrote:
On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 10:19:10 -0500, you wrote:
Maybe our friends in Germany will get it back....NOT a bad idea, eh?!
For what this offer means (including a description of the mechanics of
such a tender) see
Which IMO is the best info I found so far on this topic.
Yes a very good write up.
I fault it only for failing to put much emphasis on the possibility of
Elliott simply walking away as stealthily as it acquired its 8% share.
This happens quite frequently these days, they make a big noise, raise
the share price, make enough moves to satisfy the SEC that they really
did intend to acquire, and it wasn't just a ploy, and then simply slink
away after selling off their shares at a profit.
IBM cemented its claim to continued access to Suse when Novell took over
with the "gift" of 50 million, and I would expect them to be a far more
serious White Knight than Microsoft. Microsoft has to know that no one
would trust a Linux distro from them.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Novell for sale.
- Next by Date: [opensuse] Gnome power manager in KDE after the latest update
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Novell for sale.
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Novell for sale.