Re: [opensuse] Easy beginners programming language on suse

On 03/10/2010 09:48 PM, David Haller wrote:
Hello,

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010, Dave Howorth wrote:
Robert Schweikert wrote:
Johan wrote:
I do have some knowledge about programming in windows. Quite some time
ago. Delphi.

Would like to try my hand at some programming for fun in linux suse.

Kindly some advice on an "easy" program to use in suse please.

Check out Python (www.python.org). The interpreter is installed by default.

Python's a reasonable suggestion.

If you want to write small apps with GUIs (graphical interfaces), you
might also consider Tcl/Tk. It will get you started faster but won't
take you as far.

Perl can use Tk, Qt and Gtk as well, there's (was?) also a glade
output as perl ...

-dnh

Thanks. Lazarus, Perl, freepascal should keep me busy.
Do have a nice day.
Regards
Johan Sch

  • Re: [opensuse] Easy beginners programming language on suse
    ... Would like to try my hand at some programming for fun in linux suse. ... Kindly some advice on an "easy" program to use in suse please. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Easy beginners programming language on suse
    ... Would like to try my hand at some programming for fun in linux suse. ... Kindly some advice on an "easy" program to use in suse please. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Easy beginners programming language on suse
    ... Would like to try my hand at some programming for fun in linux suse. ... Kindly some advice on an "easy" program to use in suse please. ... Perl can use Tk, Qt and Gtk as well, there's also a glade ...
    (SuSE)
  • Thanks all,
    ... I want to thank all of you for your advice. ... I like programming and have ... written some in perl and C++. ... I will stick to the standard librarys and work on OOP techiniques. ...
    (alt.comp.lang.learn.c-cpp)
  • Re: Native language versions
    ... : For a general purpose programming language: Probably not. ... Even though this is not Perl, but TeX, I know ... instead of the English commands (TeX ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)