Re: [opensuse] Confused by hard drive naming/position /dev/sda vs hd0 etc,
- From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:13:49 -0500
On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 6:57 AM, C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does setting to use AHCI do anything for drive access speeds?
AHCI is the most functional of the typical controller modes. (Marvell
has it's own highly functional modes, but in general Marvell is less
common and does not support AHCI I don't believe.)
If you have a heavy disk i/o load it should also be faster, because
linux knows it is talking to a sata drive and can have the drive do
things a traditional IDE drive can't.
Also, since AHCI is a Intel defined interface, you have a team of
Intel engineers supporting the driver and optimizing its performance.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Installing JAlbum
- Next by Date: [opensuse] Alternative plugin for Thunderbird
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Confused by hard drive naming/position /dev/sda vs hd0 etc,
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Confused by hard drive naming/position /dev/sda vs hd0 etc,