Re: [opensuse] ogv Video editing question

On 03/18/2010 08:47 AM, arygroup@xxxxxxxxx pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On 18/03/10 14:41, Tejas Guruswamy wrote:

I know this isn't terribly helpful to you now but I find that trying to
do encoding/demuxing/whatever is a LOT easier if you just go direct to
the command line tools. All the GUIs are just frontends for these tools
anyway.

Look at:
transcode
ffmpeg
mencoder (part of MPlayer)

They have a ridiculous array of options and support every format under
the sun. The GUIs tend not to expose their full capabilities.

Both the editing (assuming it is just simple resizing/cutting) and
encoding can be done with these tools.

Regards,
Tejas

Thanks, but I can hardly imagine how I can cut something from command
line if I don't see what I'm cutting. I'm not able to see a blodie in
red scirt among a flow of charecters (-:

Have you tries using avidemux? I use the gtk version to cut frames from
videos. It lets you scan frame by frame with a video window so that you
know exactly what to cut.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998

  • Re: [opensuse] ogv Video editing question
    ... do encoding/demuxing/whatever is a LOT easier if you just go direct to ... All the GUIs are just frontends for these tools ... The GUIs tend not to expose their full capabilities. ... but I can hardly imagine how I can cut something from command ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] ogv Video editing question
    ... do encoding/demuxing/whatever is a LOT easier if you just go direct to ... All the GUIs are just frontends for these tools ... The GUIs tend not to expose their full capabilities. ... but I can hardly imagine how I can cut something from command ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] ogv Video editing question
    ... The GUIs tend not to expose their full capabilities. ... but I can hardly imagine how I can cut something from command ... You can probably find a format that Openshot ... Convert rendered result with WinFF (set resolution, format, audio, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] ogv Video editing question
    ... The GUIs tend not to expose their full capabilities. ... but I can hardly imagine how I can cut something from command ... You can probably find a format that Openshot ... Convert rendered result with WinFF (set resolution, format, audio, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: widget updating issue
    ... I have a frame with a number of labels, ... When the "Update" button is pressed I execute a linux rsh command to ... It takes about 8 seconds for the loop of 6 ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)