Re: [opensuse] Anyone experienced any problem after the last kernel upgrade?

Adam Tauno Williams said the following on 03/18/2010 02:39 PM:
On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 14:24 -0400, Anton Aylward wrote:
Claudio Prono said the following on 03/18/2010 11:53 AM:
It's really annoying.. nothing in the logs anywhere... no clues as to
what's going wrong... just sold hard lockup that only a full reset can
recover from.

+1

Have you tried seeing is SysRq still works after the oops?

No it doesn't

Possible to hook up another computer a dumb terminal (serial console)?

No serial ports but I have tired telnet and ssh (which are enabled).
That doesn't give access.
Ping gets no response.

--
In the fight between you and the world, back the world.
Frank Zappa

  • Re: [opensuse] Anyone experienced any problem after the last kernel upgrade?
    ... just sold hard lockup that only a full reset can ... recover from. ... Have you tried seeing is SysRq still works after the oops? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Lost local admin password
    ... do you have access to the server? ... you know, or do you want to recover the old password, those are two different ... ERD commander from Wininternals and reset the admi password. ... s first test the tool you are going to use first on a similar test OS. ...
  • Re: New ASUS 1701 bios for M2N SLI DELUXE
    ... I just reinstalled the 1502 version bios after spending the last 2 days ... trying to get an hours worth of uptime without an oops. ... So to reboot to the 2.6.28.7 stable, you have to use the front panel reset ... I doubt it's for security reasons. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • 2.6.3 Oops when power-off via sys-rq
    ... Instead of poweroff i see an oops and box ... SysRq: Power Off ... Call Trace: ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Lost Administrator Password.....HELP!
    ... > look on google for a boot disk to recover xp or nt passwords. ... > bunch of linux based tool that you can make a cd which will reset the ... >> Can anyone tell me how to recover or reset the admin password on an ... >> When I try to login at the server console with any other users ID, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)