[opensuse] Akonadi runs wild

Normally running openSUSE 11.2 (i586) Kernel: 2.6.31.12-0.1-desktop
KDE Development Platform: 4.4.1 (KDE 4.4.1) "release 228" .
Standard procedure after a reboot was that after starting KMail first
Akonadi ran. It always stopped telling me that the nepomuk server was
not found in D-Bus. After that I would close the Akonadi thingy and
could than start KMail without further delay.
This morning after a hardware problem I had to make a reboot after which
Akonadi started running and would not stop.
Did a akonadictl stop restart etc but Kmail would not run. The command
kmail would automatically start akonadi.
Is there a method to stop akonadi apart from going for kmail 4.3?
In my personal settings I have already blank everything of interest for
Akonadi. There is nothing ticked so I would assume that would mean,
there is nothing to do for akonadi but it did not help.
Luckily my 11,1 is not affected/ infected by akonadi so I have at least
a functioning Kmail.

  • [kde] Re: KDEPIM 4.6 prob^Wimpressions
    ... discussion, so it's installed), tho I do use kmail and akregator... ... The problem with this was that folders opened in tabs did not get ... the Akonadi resource for itself, which it does every few minutes. ... So all this stuff is in Akonadi's mysql ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Yet another failed KDE release?
    ... triggered a drop of a lot of my former kde software choices with the bump ... kmail, but somewhere about the time it lost my 10th mail or so and I was ... Akonadi is certainly a bit overengineered, also due to it being the second ... The solution the involved developers devised deals with those requirements ...
    (KDE)
  • [kde-linux] Re: Getting rid of irritating CPU-sucking parasites...?
    ... The next bit to understand is that all the apps you mentioned, kmail, ... korganizer, kontact, belong to the kdepim module. ... you've likely read/heard about akonadi. ... individual apps in kdepim to talk to the new backend instead of using ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] KMail freezes after adding address to addressbook
    ... I open a composer window for a new message in KMail. ... Mageia 1, KDE 4.6.5, KMail 1.13.7 ... The kdepim folks, who develop kde's mail, news, feeds, address-book, ... Unfortunately, the akonadi database-bridging ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Once again kmails folder creation fails
    ... Kmail help says 1.13.7 ... The below kdepim info confirms it ... It's also sure that the upgrade process is continuing to mature. ... That's actually one of the features of the akonadi setup. ...
    (KDE)