[opensuse] Akonadi runs wild

Normally running openSUSE 11.2 (i586) Kernel: 2.6.31.12-0.1-desktop
KDE Development Platform: 4.4.1 (KDE 4.4.1) "release 228" .
Standard procedure after a reboot was that after starting KMail first
Akonadi ran. It always stopped telling me that the nepomuk server was
not found in D-Bus. After that I would close the Akonadi thingy and
could than start KMail without further delay.
This morning after a hardware problem I had to make a reboot after which
Akonadi started running and would not stop.
Did a akonadictl stop restart etc but Kmail would not run. The command
kmail would automatically start akonadi.
Is there a method to stop akonadi apart from going for kmail 4.3?
In my personal settings I have already blank everything of interest for
Akonadi. There is nothing ticked so I would assume that would mean,
there is nothing to do for akonadi but it did not help.
Luckily my 11,1 is not affected/ infected by akonadi so I have at least
a functioning Kmail.