[opensuse] Keeping the monitor turned on
- From: Marc Chamberlin <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:56:04 -0700
Hi - This may be more appropriate to the KDE group but seems like this is a better place to ask as this may be a system level issue... Running SuSE11.2 with KDE 4.4.2
I want the ability to leave my monitor up with the display turned on indefinitely, for my media center, especially when I am playing music and running a visualization program. I have tried to go into the KDE System Settings and turned off all the power management schemes, PowerDevil etc. This is a desktop system so battery mode is not an option. Yet something is insisting on turning off the monitor after a few minutes of "inactivity"
I have look elsewhere (Sax, nvidia manager etc) and cannot find anything else which might be also trying to configure a timeout on the display.. So how do I keep the display up and running? Thanks for any and all ideas offered!
Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Amarok and projectM visualization Solved!??
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Keeping the monitor turned on
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Amarok and projectM visualization Solved!??
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Keeping the monitor turned on