[opensuse] Linux-compatible GPS anyone ?

Hello List,

I will have to replace my car's GPS device soon. Could anyone recommend
a brand/model that is linux-friendly (and current) ? By that I mean:

- maps can be updated from linux (or without a computer)
- POIs can be uploaded and downloaded from linux

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

Ph. A.

--

*Philippe Andersson*
Unix System Administrator

  • Re: [opensuse] Re: Beagle frontend
    ... I am still using this distro, but I have become increasingly reluctant ... considering Linux to go with Suse. ... I too find myself not really pushing SuSE like I once used ... major distinctions from Windows if you recommend that route. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Linux in Forth?
    ... >TOPIC: Linux in Forth? ... >> you recommend something different now? ... >the evaluation packages of commercial Forths ... >don't care if my code has that kind of portability. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • AW: Linux for newbies
    ... I would, however, recommend moving on to another distribution as soon as you ... I personally like gentoo linux from www.gentoo.org a lot. ... PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to simplify the management ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: How to become a System Administrator?
    ... I would recommend becoming Solaris ... >> greatest number of UNIX and Linux installations respectively. ... > interview with the techie person, certifications don't mean all that ... network setup on my laptop. ...
    (comp.unix.questions)
  • Re: How to become a System Administrator?
    ... I would recommend becoming Solaris ... >> greatest number of UNIX and Linux installations respectively. ... > interview with the techie person, certifications don't mean all that ... network setup on my laptop. ...
    (comp.unix.misc)