Re: [opensuse] 11.0 mysql tools packages broken in Updates

On 05/04/2010 12:53 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2010-05-04 05:21, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 05/03/2010 03:50 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:

[sent later]

Dunno what the issue was. I downloaded the files manually and they installed
fine with rpm:

Then we miss a feature in zypper to force the re-download of an rpm.

And perhaps someway to make the redirector to choose another mirror for us.

Carlos,

I think the problem was the mysql -> mariaDB bait-and-switch that screwed
everything up. Where is the CODE that told my system to install MariaDB instead
of the normal mysql that I have been using for years? That didn't happen by itself.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC