[opensuse] Re: rpm v. zypper: package list should be same? yes? How to sync?

Michael Andres wrote:
On Wednesday 05 May 2010 14:40:52 Jano Kupec wrote:
I (and i hope many people too) find it annoying to type 'in MPlayer'
instead of 'in mplayer', to give an example. So i qualify this as a
feature.

IMO not. A human typing the name may say e.g. 'zypper in --ic mplayer'
(--ic=ignore case). Or a --no-ic switch for scripts. Anyway I'd like to be
able to influence the amount of AI.
---
agreed,
But don't you agree, that to be friendlier to the general populace,
that AI should be switched on by default, and that 'expert' mode should
require the switch (--no-ic)

The point is you want the default to take up little typing...
especially, if people are trying for minimal typing,
U/l case are more painful than all-lower case, so adding more
chars, as in more 'switches', to get the benefit of not remembering
case is, 'a bit', like adding salt to get the salt-free option.

If you look at multiple groups of users, 1) those who know the case
but have forgotten it, or are lazy, vs. 2) those who know the case and
have no problem using it, vs. 3) those who have no clue that case makes
a difference (3 groups), out of those groups, which groups do you
think would expect to know that they needed a "--modify-case" switch
for any particular invocation (whether it be -cs(casesensitive)/+cs or
whatever)?

-l

  • Re: Does Handling Matter?
    ... the working of the radio/CD player, which has a feature that I do not like. ... Anyhow the feature I don't like is the arrangement whereby I am limited to 30 minutes of radio/CD player usage unless the engine is running. ... Given that I'm retired and very fond of music and the countryside, I used to like to take the car out to a nice spot and settle down to a bit of CD enjoyment or reading. ... The stupidity of it is emphasised when you bear in mind that after 30 minutes the radio/CD player stops working, but I could switch on all the lights and have wipers, washers and electric windows working all afternoon - with no time limit whatsoever on their functioning. ...
    (uk.rec.driving)
  • Re: CASE mis-understanding?
    ... reordering the cases of the switch statement; ... language feature, library feature, or operating system feature. ... That's not a good argument against correcting students' untrue ideas, ... teach anything about the machine level at all (and that includes my ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: [RFC] ethtool semantics
    ... I find the c) feature very convenient. ... the configuration of the switch, something which is usually (pick your ... Command line parameters of the bcm5700 driver do implement c) (among ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: probability question
    ... are now given the option to switch envelopes. ... But once you try to use the amount of money in the one you have ... Exactly how these probabilities vary in accordance with the ...
    (rec.puzzles)
  • Re: CASE mis-understanding?
    ... reordering the cases of the switch statement; ... stuff, including C compiler maintainers. ... feature, library feature, or operating system feature. ... you can't generalize directly from your students to all ...
    (comp.lang.forth)