Re: [opensuse] IPv6 access over IPv4 ISP

Ed Greshko wrote:
On 05/08/2010 09:28 AM, James Knott wrote:
I've been experimenting with IPv6 recently. Since my ISP does not
provide IPv6, I used a gateway, which I tunnel to via IPv4 UDP.
Clients for this are available for Linux, Mac, BSD, Solaris etc., even
Windows. The service and client are free after you sign up. The
Windows client is an executable and requires .NET. The rest have to
be compiled for the appropriate platform. I have tried it on both
OpenSUSE 11.0 (32& 64 bit) and XP. It appears to work fine with
both. You can use ipv6.google.com to test the client, as that site is
not available via IPv4. The gogonet site is accessible via both IPv4
& IPv6.

You can sign up and get the client here: http://gogonet.gogo6.com/

You need to compile a ipv6 client for you to use this on OpenSUSE?

I just use a tunnel broker like http://tunnelbroker.net/ and a few "ip"
commands to configure.
One thing I've noticed is the gogonet client uses either protocol 41 or UDP to set up the tunnel, depending on whether you're behind a NAT firewall. It does this automagically. This makes it nice for those who carry a notebook computer, as they don't have to worry about how they get to the internet. It also uses ssl to encrypt the tunnel.