Re: [opensuse] IPv6 access over IPv4 ISP

Ed Greshko wrote:
On 05/08/2010 09:28 AM, James Knott wrote:
I've been experimenting with IPv6 recently. Since my ISP does not
provide IPv6, I used a gateway, which I tunnel to via IPv4 UDP.
Clients for this are available for Linux, Mac, BSD, Solaris etc., even
Windows. The service and client are free after you sign up. The
Windows client is an executable and requires .NET. The rest have to
be compiled for the appropriate platform. I have tried it on both
OpenSUSE 11.0 (32& 64 bit) and XP. It appears to work fine with
both. You can use ipv6.google.com to test the client, as that site is
not available via IPv4. The gogonet site is accessible via both IPv4
& IPv6.

You can sign up and get the client here: http://gogonet.gogo6.com/

You need to compile a ipv6 client for you to use this on OpenSUSE?

I just use a tunnel broker like http://tunnelbroker.net/ and a few "ip"
commands to configure.
One thing I've noticed is the gogonet client uses either protocol 41 or UDP to set up the tunnel, depending on whether you're behind a NAT firewall. It does this automagically. This makes it nice for those who carry a notebook computer, as they don't have to worry about how they get to the internet. It also uses ssl to encrypt the tunnel.

  • Re: VPN versus Terminal Server for remote workers
    ... call a 'cell phone' we call a 'mobile', ... Windows VPN client, Windows Mobile VPN client, or a 3rd party VPN client. ... It is tunnel to the appliance or nothing. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] VPN Split-tunneling: Your opinion?
    ... Do you consider a split-tunnel setup to be particularly risky to allow ... I think, for client VPN configurations, that split tunnel versus full tunnel ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Keepalived LVS-TUN problems with return packet
    ... If I attempt to connect to the service from a client, ... VIP, it gets sent to a RIP over the IPIP tunnel, realserver responds ... realserver is ACKing the tunnel packet, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Home WiFi Router with pfSense or m0n0wall?
    ... IPSEC tunnel to form some kind of VPN like communication between the ... client and the wifi. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Tunneling in Ubuntu
    ... The tunnel as such definitely works for UDP or ... But user space multicast routing daemon seems to be configured a bit ... The problem was that I had not copied the keys from server to the client.. ... I tried the openvpn idea. ...
    (Ubuntu)