Re: [opensuse] Problems with false spam - DNS_FROM_OPENWHOIS

On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 02:00 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Saturday, 2010-05-15 at 13:48 -0400, Mike McMullin wrote:

How reliable is OPENWHOIS? They have my primary e-mail account marked
as a spammer, and it's causing me a bit of grief on other lists.

Totally unreliable, they have been "cybersquatted", whatever that means.
Tell whoever marks your email as spam to remove openwhois tests from their
systems.

I've been trying to get a response from the "list owners", much to no
avail, if this remains quiet, I will try individuals marked as list
owners from another account. I'm beginning to wonder if the requests
aren't just getting marked as spam and ignored, period.

  • Re: SORRY...forgot to add...
    ... for folks with large mailing lists it turns out to be inconvenient. ... I UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE SPAM, BUT AGAIN I SAY WHAT GOOD IS IT IF THEY ... BUT ALSO IT'S A BOTHER FOR THE RECIPIENTS WHO ... WOULD STOP MY MSGS FROM GETTING SENT OUT BECAUSE FO THE AMOUNT ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.outlookexpress)
  • Re: spam avoidance (was Re: cpu speed problem)
    ... I get no more that 1 spam message a week out of maybe a 1000 messages. ... bringing up, the separation of public and private mail, in general. ... And some communication does not belong on a public list. ... I read messages from the public lists. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: cobol data format!!! urgent!!!
    ... >No. Monty Python did a song: Spam, Spam, Spam. ... "Take Jakob Nielsen, Internet Usability Guru. ... Lists used to announce talks, ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 83, Issue 1
    ... Invitation to connect on LinkedIn ... grab a list and then spam people. ... By clicking on the https link at the bottom of my own message.I ... If those services mine email address' lists from the user accounts, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [ISN] Majordomo Could Mean Major Spam
    ... I suppose I should disclaim this by saying that I don't get spam at this ... > of 80 subject related emails a day from the two lists on bugtraq I want. ... Perhaps Majordomo is partly to blame. ... > using a little-known but documented feature in the Majordomo server ...
    (Security-Basics)