Re: [opensuse] 11.2 Internet Installation

Dave Howorth wrote:
Something is wrong with the docs for 11.2 Internet Installation.

* 22:00, 5 May 2010 Spyhawk (Talk | contribs) deleted "SDB:Internet
installation" ‎ (content was: '#REDIRECT SDB:Network installation' (and
the only contributor was 'Spyhawk'))"

Folowing that redirect takes me to

which seems to contain much the same information as the original
though formatted differently

Neither of them contain the advice I'm looking for, though. They both
start out by making a big assumption [I think - since I can't understand
them otherwise]. They assume I'm sitting in front of a screen and that
when I boot the system, whatever appears on the screen will behave in
some way they can predict.

So I'm guessing that they both assume I have created some kind of DVD or
CD or something that I have caused the machine to boot from. But neither
of them state that or provide a link to tell me how to create whatever
it is. I think they should.

BUT .. that's not actually what I want. I have a running linux system
and starting from that, I want to install 11.2 from scratch into a new
partition. I don't want to (can't) write some removable media to start
the process. I want to do th installation from a running system (not
opensuse) using an internet connection and local disks if necessary.
Where are those instructions nowadays?

Cheers, Dave

    ... Boot the system, start tapping F8, when the menu appears, select ... download install and run the application: ... A repair install should bypass that but it will ... >> on, follow the screens. ...
  • Re: Dual Boot; worried about overwriting C: Boot Drive with Win2k
    ... > replacement, I decided to install that as a slave drive, but I have not ... I also want to dual boot, ... DO NOT install the Linux boot loader on ...
  • Re: boot sector f*ed
    ... "I updated the machine and it doesn't boot anymore". ... Please capture the output from running fdisk and bsdlabel on the problem disk ... Soft updates is a technique employed by the filesystem to ensure that the file ... application to install the 64bit FBSD with flashplugin on the portable ...
  • Re: Windows Xp crash
    ... The Bios is not showing any hard drives. ... Message came up "Disk Boot failure.: ... I tried about a week ago to install Windows 7 on the second hard ...
  • Re: Start Menu, Icons Not Appearing
    ... Also, make sure your system has no malware, download, install and run Ad ... Assuming your system is set to boot from the CD-ROM drive, ... To Setup Windows XP now, ... To Repair a Windows XP Installation using Recovery Console press R. ...