Re: [opensuse] 11.2 Internet Installation

Dave Howorth wrote:
Something is wrong with the docs for 11.2 Internet Installation.

* 22:00, 5 May 2010 Spyhawk (Talk | contribs) deleted "SDB:Internet
installation" ‎ (content was: '#REDIRECT SDB:Network installation' (and
the only contributor was 'Spyhawk'))"

Folowing that redirect takes me to
<http://wiki.opensuse.org/SDB:Network_installation>

which seems to contain much the same information as the original
<http://en.opensuse.org/INSTALL_Internet>
though formatted differently

Neither of them contain the advice I'm looking for, though. They both
start out by making a big assumption [I think - since I can't understand
them otherwise]. They assume I'm sitting in front of a screen and that
when I boot the system, whatever appears on the screen will behave in
some way they can predict.

So I'm guessing that they both assume I have created some kind of DVD or
CD or something that I have caused the machine to boot from. But neither
of them state that or provide a link to tell me how to create whatever
it is. I think they should.

BUT .. that's not actually what I want. I have a running linux system
and starting from that, I want to install 11.2 from scratch into a new
partition. I don't want to (can't) write some removable media to start
the process. I want to do th installation from a running system (not
opensuse) using an internet connection and local disks if necessary.
Where are those instructions nowadays?

Cheers, Dave

  • Re: XP HOME BOOT FAILURE
    ... Boot the system, start tapping F8, when the menu appears, select ... download install and run the application: ... A repair install should bypass that but it will ... >> on, follow the screens. ...
  • Re: Dual Boot; worried about overwriting C: Boot Drive with Win2k
    ... > replacement, I decided to install that as a slave drive, but I have not ... I also want to dual boot, ... DO NOT install the Linux boot loader on ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: boot sector f*ed
    ... "I updated the machine and it doesn't boot anymore". ... Please capture the output from running fdisk and bsdlabel on the problem disk ... Soft updates is a technique employed by the filesystem to ensure that the file ... application to install the 64bit FBSD with flashplugin on the portable ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Windows Xp crash
    ... The Bios is not showing any hard drives. ... Message came up "Disk Boot failure.: ... I tried about a week ago to install Windows 7 on the second hard ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Start Menu, Icons Not Appearing
    ... Also, make sure your system has no malware, download, install and run Ad ... Assuming your system is set to boot from the CD-ROM drive, ... To Setup Windows XP now, ... To Repair a Windows XP Installation using Recovery Console press R. ...