Re: [opensuse] 11.2 Internet Installation

Dave Howorth wrote:
Something is wrong with the docs for 11.2 Internet Installation.

* 22:00, 5 May 2010 Spyhawk (Talk | contribs) deleted "SDB:Internet
installation" ‎ (content was: '#REDIRECT SDB:Network installation' (and
the only contributor was 'Spyhawk'))"

Folowing that redirect takes me to
<http://wiki.opensuse.org/SDB:Network_installation>

which seems to contain much the same information as the original
<http://en.opensuse.org/INSTALL_Internet>
though formatted differently

Neither of them contain the advice I'm looking for, though. They both
start out by making a big assumption [I think - since I can't understand
them otherwise]. They assume I'm sitting in front of a screen and that
when I boot the system, whatever appears on the screen will behave in
some way they can predict.

So I'm guessing that they both assume I have created some kind of DVD or
CD or something that I have caused the machine to boot from. But neither
of them state that or provide a link to tell me how to create whatever
it is. I think they should.

BUT .. that's not actually what I want. I have a running linux system
and starting from that, I want to install 11.2 from scratch into a new
partition. I don't want to (can't) write some removable media to start
the process. I want to do th installation from a running system (not
opensuse) using an internet connection and local disks if necessary.
Where are those instructions nowadays?

Cheers, Dave