Re: [opensuse] SIT interface missing
- From: Rodney Baker <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 21:27:28 +0930
On Wed, 19 May 2010 05:48:43 James Knott wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:
I'm trying to set up an IPv6 tunnel on SUSE 11.0, but am having
problems as a needed SIT interface is not there. What do I need to do
to have this interface.
You create it when you're setting up the tunnel - ip tunnel add or
something like that.
I have looked at that link and it says to run the ip command. The one
for the tunnel is:
/sbin/ip tunnel add sit1 mode sit ttl 64 remote 220.127.116.11
When I do that, I get back the error:
ioctl: No such device
That error can simply mean that you have your command syntax wrong and it is
seeing a parameter where it expects a device name (or something similar).
Double check your command syntax (as a last resort read the man page).
Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] 11.2 Internet Installation
- Next by Date: [opensuse] Can I easily tile a desktop in KDE 4.3 (openSUSE 11.2)?
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] SIT interface missing
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] SIT interface missing