Re: [opensuse] Re: tool for analysing word docs?

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Dave Howorth
<dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jim Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 19 May 2010 15:41:52 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:

Is there a tool that will analyse word docs?

"file" seems to be able to provide some information like this.

Thanks to all that answered. The best I've found so far is that old
favourite "strings".

It shows such things as "Microsoft Office Word 97-2003 Document" and
"http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/officeDocument/2006/main"; and
"Word.Document.8" that give me a strong hint!

This page also has some useful tips on how to interpret those strings:
<http://word.tips.net/Pages/T000601_Determining_Word_Versions_of_Documents.html>

Cheers, Dave

Dave,

One or more of the programs listed at: