Re: [opensuse] Re: tool for analysing word docs?

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Dave Howorth
<dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jim Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 19 May 2010 15:41:52 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:

Is there a tool that will analyse word docs?

"file" seems to be able to provide some information like this.

Thanks to all that answered. The best I've found so far is that old
favourite "strings".

It shows such things as "Microsoft Office Word 97-2003 Document" and
"http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/officeDocument/2006/main"; and
"Word.Document.8" that give me a strong hint!

This page also has some useful tips on how to interpret those strings:
<http://word.tips.net/Pages/T000601_Determining_Word_Versions_of_Documents.html>

Cheers, Dave

Dave,

One or more of the programs listed at:

http://www.forensicswiki.org/wiki/Tools:Document_Metadata_Extraction#Office_Files

might be for linux.

Greg

  • Re: [opensuse] Why are there not more using Linux?
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Post-installation: how to auto-configure network adapter (ie. enable internet access)?
    ... how am I supposed to know that Debian commands have changed a lot ... Microsoft Windows XP is the most stable OS to come out of Microsoft to ... And you have already shown you have little background in Linux, as this post once again shows. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] Kmail and Mailmerge
    ... Still no mailer in Linux which can do an ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] More 10.2 nightmares
    ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... I have learned quite a lot about linux since ... linux, and all the girls use macs, so it's an all-unix house, and virus free! ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] More 10.2 nightmares
    ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... about linux since then and am willing to try anything. ... It's like console game companies, w/ the exception that game makers ...
    (SuSE)