Re: [opensuse] SIT interface missing

James Knott wrote:

Okay - to debug the radvd failure, maybe check
/var/log/audit/audit.log
or try running radvd with strace to see where it fails. I'm pretty
certain I got it run when I was playing with ipv6 last year some
time.

I don't see anything in the audit.log. I'm not certain how to start
strace in a script that calls radvd.

Ok, that means apparmor isn't getting in the way. AFAIR radvd is quite
a simple daemon, so you can just try it out from the command-line
with 'strace radvd <argument>'. radvd probably has an option for
preventing it from detaching.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.1°C)

  • Re: [opensuse] SIT interface missing
    ... There's also a similar one for ppp0, which I've also noticed radvd complains about not seeing. ... it is enabled in the script used to set up the IPv6 tunnel. ... I'm not certain how to start strace in a script that calls radvd. ...
    (SuSE)
  • [Full-disclosure] Exploitation of unused IPv6-capabilities
    ... listening to router advertisements ... As soon as the "victim" has an IPv6 address issued by your radvd it will ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Exploitation of unused IPv6-capabilities
    ... 'As soon as the "victim" has an IPv6 address issued by your radvd it will ... the application which thinks is using IPv4 DNS resolving ... ~ krahmer@xxxxxxx - SuSE Security Team ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: LAN addresses in IPv6
    ... If not then you will have no use for radvd. ... You have to allow IPv6 forwarding and your ip6tables has to be set up accordingly, ... You need to set up a static IPv6 address for the inward facing ethernet interface on this system, with the lower 64 bits the assigned prefix. ...
    (Fedora)
  • debian lenny no ipv6 forward
    ... I cannot get radvd to work out of the box because ipv6 forward is disabled ... IPv6 forwarding seems to be disabled. ... After that I can do an ipconfig /renew on my Windows PC and get the proper ipv6 address and I can do a proper ipv6 ping to a ipv6 site. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)