Re: [opensuse] How to set default values for kde panel?

On Thursday 20 May 2010 16:34:10 Josef Wolf wrote:
I want to set some default values for all users for the panel. For example,
I see that when I configure the panel to hide automatically, the setting of
panelVisibility in section [PlasmaViews][2] in file
/home/jw/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktoprc changes from 0 to 1.

What version of KDE are you using? 4.4 and newer's Plasma should be default
configured using javascript scripts. I'll add a sample script here later.

In addition, the /etc/kde4 mechanism will work correct but is overridden if
there are conflicting settings in the users' plasma-desktoprc. You can
prevent users overriding system wide settings by appending [$i] to the config
key, as explained in the "Introduction to Kiosk" section at
http://techbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Administration

HTH

Will