Re: [opensuse] How to set default values for kde panel?

On Thursday 20 May 2010 16:34:10 Josef Wolf wrote:
I want to set some default values for all users for the panel. For example,
I see that when I configure the panel to hide automatically, the setting of
panelVisibility in section [PlasmaViews][2] in file
/home/jw/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktoprc changes from 0 to 1.

What version of KDE are you using? 4.4 and newer's Plasma should be default
configured using javascript scripts. I'll add a sample script here later.

In addition, the /etc/kde4 mechanism will work correct but is overridden if
there are conflicting settings in the users' plasma-desktoprc. You can
prevent users overriding system wide settings by appending [$i] to the config
key, as explained in the "Introduction to Kiosk" section at
http://techbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Administration

HTH

Will

  • Re: [kde] Global change to kontact shortcut.
    ... This can be fixed by Settings -> Configure Shortcuts Removing the F5 ... kdepim 4.4 (kdepim includes kmail and kontact) was the last pre- ... One nice thing about kde is that for most settings including hotkeys, ... files than a well customized user config. ...
    (KDE)
  • RE: Publish to External FrontPage Server
    ... meaning Auto config, use proxy I am able to connect to the remote website. ... How can I make this work without having to disable the IE settings everytime ... Publish to External FrontPage Server ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: [kde] Hangover from kde 3.5 in kde4 when launching file manager after plugging in a SSC card
    ... generically aka system settings", settings (got that, the kcontrol aka ... User Settings", "File Associations". ... the mimetype is determined automatically (by file ... it's very likely a system config ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Justified moaning?, I like to think so.
    ... I might have guessed you were going to ask for the steps to reproduce ... caching the settings for the current project and then either: ... Erroneously combining the new config with what's cached in some way ... new projects default to either Debug or Release and are those default ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: IPPhone provisioning in CE 6 R2
    ... the device will pickup and autoupdate the config. ... // check where we should get bootstrap server info from ... FTP server. ... But still the device didnt apply the settings as i think i had made ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)