Re: [opensuse] IPv6 firewall

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 16:36 -0400, James Knott wrote:

BTW, I went to a coffee shop hotspot and ran nmap againt the IPv6
address of my firewall and also against a computer behind the firewall,
reachable via IPv6 address. Nmap couldn't find anything with the
firewall IPv6 address,

Which probably implies that this coffeeshop isn't connected to the IPv6
network. Only if you have a native v6 address, or use a tunnelbroker, it
is possible to check ipv6 with nmap...

  • Re: ipv6 question
    ... connection now has a nice, routable IPv6 address back to the machine ... now have to have to be routed through an external IPv6 SPI firewall ... you've got a webserver, it can see if you've got a mail server, etc. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Firewall or Little Snitch
    ... In Airport Utility, click on Internet at the top. ... At the bottom of the Internet Connection settings is "Connection ... firewall due to the NAT translation. ... You should also turn off external access to IPv6, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: FreeBSD Firewall/Router/Gateway questions.
    ... It really does seem to depend on where in the Internet one is connected. ... the how-to for setting up and running an IPv6 firewall? ... ISP's are happy to sell NAT ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Im I being targeted?
    ... But the packets did not occur at the correct time, ... As far as IPv6... ... firewall and Internet Connection Firewall can't block IP version 6 ... causing a lockup of my home DSL and/or router, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [opensuse] IPv6 firewall
    ... IIRC, it doesn't work with IPv6, which I have recently started using. ... What firewalls work with IPv6? ... BTW, I went to a coffee shop hotspot and ran nmap againt the IPv6 address of my firewall and also against a computer behind the firewall, reachable via IPv6 address. ... Nmap couldn't find anything with the firewall IPv6 address, but showed ssh open for IPv4, and I can ssh to it via IPv6. ...
    (SuSE)