Re: [opensuse] IPv6 firewall

James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
Does it matter a lot for the coffeeshops - don't they just use an
RFC1918 network NAT'ed to a single IP from their provider?

We've already reached the point where many web sites are available
only via IPv6. This is mainly in Asia, where they do not have enough
IPv4 addresses to go around. That day is fast approaching for North
America.

Well, I didn't realize it was getting so close - I have not yet seen/met
any IPv6 only sites or servers.

Also, NAT is at best a bad hack to extend IPv4.

Well, maybe that is matter of opinion, but I would say that NAT is a
very useful mechanism for connecting RFC1918 networks with the outside
world.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (22.0°C)