Re: [opensuse] Sound Question..

On 06/06/2010 09:52 AM, James Hatridge wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to get sound to work on my system. When I turn on Linux I get the
start up music, but when I try to watch a movie with VLC I get this:

####################
Audio output failed:
The audio device "default" is already in use.
Audio output failed:
VLC could not open the ALSA device "default" (Device or resource busy).

######################

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks,

JIM

It means something is already using that device. I have that problem as
well, but only between Firefox and Amarok. If I play a mp3 in Amarok and
try to watch a video in Firefox, the sound will not work in Firefox
until I close Amarok. also if I watch the video first and then try to
play a mp3 in Amarok, I have to close Firefox, not just the tab or web
site, but the entire app, to get sound again in Amarok.

--
Michael S. Dunsavage