Re: [opensuse] IPv6 firewall

  • Re: IPv6 in FC4 - How
    ... though the configuration defaults to "no", ... Listing routes is something like "ip -6 route ls". ... etc, etc, etc) already understand IPv6 and may (for the servers at ... and restart your network so it gets properly configured. ...
    (Fedora)
  • [fw-wiz] ***SPAM*** Re: IPv6 support in firewalls
    ... Marcus, a proposal nearly identical to what you suggest was one of the first presented at the IETF in the mid-1990s. ... Over a decade later, and we've bent, twisted, tunneled, re-mapped, stretched, and NAT'd IPv4 until it does everything IPv6 promised - and now, all IPv6 brings to the table is a bigger field for addresses and an ungainly, unwanted and arguably unwarrantable transition scenario. ... Oh, for the record, I was one of the folks who wrote OSI's network protocol. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: RADIUS for MAC authentication in WLAN, how doing it?
    ... > the first two decades of widespread IPv6 use. ... one of the most harmful services provided by this network ... After configuring NetBSD to connect to Freenet6: ... > Nowadays any router worth its salt can deal with any CIDR subnet. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] IPv6 and IPSec
    ... >> Now, as a system administrator, how are you going to track down a virus ... network to network). ... Nice thing is that, with IPv6, you can have ... up an IPv6 tunnel back out that slid right past all the IDS they had. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: IPv6 intruders
    ... Are you building an IPv6 network without even knowing it? ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. ... this does not give much information with regards to your statement on undetected ipv6 "hackers". ...
    (Security-Basics)