[opensuse] How to install tar.bz
- From: Doug <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 23:37:16 -0400
I guess somewhere in my dim past, I read how to convert .tar.bz
to .rpm and then maybe Yast would install it. This is a follow-up
to the email problem thread. Someone said there's a version 3 of
Thunderbird, and there is: I d/l'd Thunderbird-3.0.4.tar.bz.
(The system said I should d/l to ark, so I let it. Now somewhere
on the computer, I know not where, there's a whole
slew of files that were in the .tar.bz. [There's a thunderbird-
3.0.4.tar-1 in /doug/users]) (Yast could not find Thunderbird.
3.0.4.tar.bz, even tho I could find it on the net, with the help
of the old t-bird. Yast can only find a 2.x version.)
Please reply in words of one syllable, or similar. I really
don't understand much jargon.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: [opensuse] Re: Nasty problem in kdm / opensuse 11.0 [SOLVED]
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] RE: uninstalling dependencies
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Re: Nasty problem in kdm / opensuse 11.0 [SOLVED]
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] How to install tar.bz