Re: [opensuse] 11.3 how to move directory to save space?
- From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 10:21:43 -0400
I have a mixed system (Windows Vista and Opensuse 11.3). I justYes, you can create a new directory on another partition or drive and move that directory there. Then create a simlink to the new directory. You can also use Logical Volume Management to avoid the problem.
upgraded from 11.2 to 11.3. I was running out of space prior to this
and uninstalled a few non-essential apps (games, graphics/multimedia
apps, etc). I am severely low on space in my root directory. I ran the
(new) Disk Usage Analyzer and found that my /usr/lib and /usr/share
directories are eating up the bulk of space. Is there any way I can
move either of these to the empty /overflow partition?
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] opensuse 11.3 display anomaly
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] 11.3 how to move directory to save space?
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] 11.3 how to move directory to save space?
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] 11.3 how to move directory to save space?