Re: [opensuse] Nvidia drivers OS11.3 x86_64
- From: Peter Nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 07:21:58 +0100
On Monday 02 Aug 2010 00:26:22 dwgallien wrote:
I have read just about everything i can find to do with loading the
Nvidia drivers on 11.3 but not managed to get them to work so far
system as in Sig block below using an Nvidia FX5500 card i have
NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-173.14.25-pkg2.run to no avail at all what other
driver is there to try on this lot the newer drivers are not for these
older cards or so i am told when i try to install them .
Anyone had sucess if so how .
I have so far tried
the NO_KMS bit along with adding nomodeset blacklistmodule=nouveau
reboot to init 3 run the Nvidia installer listed above and just keep
getting a moan about ABI and try -ignoreABI that makes no difference
Ideas fixes ???
getting slightly miffed with 11.3 now lots of sillys showing up == not
You have tried the G01 version specifically for FX cards, from the
repository? Installing along with it the G01 version of the X driver?
answer id no i was lead to believe that the ones on the repo were for the
newer cards only will give it a whirl and see what happens.
Powered by openSUSE 11.3 (x86_64) Kernel: 2.6.34-12-desktop
KDE Development Platform: 4.4.4 (KDE 4.4.4) "release 2"
07:19 up 9:06, 4 users, load average: 0.03, 0.04, 0.01
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] VLC strangeness
- Next by Date: [opensuse] Kudos KDE3 Maintainers (Will) - 220.127.116.11-48, compiz works with kde3 again :-)
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Nvidia drivers OS11.3 x86_64
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Nvidia drivers OS11.3 x86_64