[opensuse] How to enable Tor in firewall for tor relaying?

I use OpenSuse 11.3

Tor works perfect as client.

Tor works perfect for relaying if firewall is down. If it's on, Vidalia
cannot find UPnP devices (It can, when firewall is disabled).

I tried to go
Yast - Firewall - Allowed Services - Advanced - TCP
and entered 3 ports:
9001 9030 9050

Restarted firewall with no result. Maybe I'm wrong when trying to open a
port in such a way? Please, give an advice.

Thanks a lot.

  • Re: Extremely odd thing with Giganews DMCA?
    ... >| I had the Tor node setup on my primary computer at 198.168.0.2. ... >| computer has a Symatecs firewall which only allowed connection through 9001 ... >| Possible I could have left myself open for an attack through those ports. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Tor proxy
    ... Tor will make all its OR connections through this host:port (or ... only allows connecting to certain ports. ... Tor will only create outgoing connections to ORs running on ports ... that your firewall allows ...
    (alt.privacy)
  • RE: Tor
    ... With or without firewall, it's the same security issues. ... Create a DMZ for Tor. ... in mind that you might be in black lists if you are running a proxy server. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: How to enable Tor in firewall for tor relaying?
    ... ALLOW [do one for each of the ports you're expecting). ... the config parameters for handling such things in iptables right now. ... Tor works perfect as client. ... Tor works perfect for relaying if firewall is down. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: access wikipedia (walk through the great firewall of China)
    ... we have a server in europ, ... I think it would be a lot easier if you'd just install Tor ... Currently the "great firewall of Wikipedia" prevents Tor users ... legal in China and quite popular ...
    (freebsd-questions)