Re: [opensuse] GTK tool ?
- From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:45:04 +0200
On 2010-08-31 07:53, Bob S wrote:
On Monday 30 August 2010 23:14:07 Carlos E. R. wrote:
Hello, hello :-)
Jumping in here on your reply to Felix.
And it works for you alright, I see in the photo you posted.
I assume the OP is using "su -" to call it? "su" will not work correctly.
Now, you need to explain to me why "su" will not work while "su -" will.
As far as I can see "su -" only drops you down into the very lowest primary
directory as a "cd /" would. (which I always do before any command I make as
the root user)
Because with a plain "su" you inherit the environment of the user you came from, whereas with the
dash root gets his own environment.
Things like $HOME, for instance, and I guess that it may try to use the previous user gnome
environment, which he can't (denied), so the effects you see.
It is a guess. Educated, though. :-)
Cheers / Saludos,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Elessar))
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] GTK tool ?
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] How to get rid of the PW dialog (that does not work)
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] GTK tool ?
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] GTK tool ?