Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6

On 09/11/2010 12:49 PM, James Knott wrote:
Anton Aylward wrote:
My cell phone is only capable of IPv4 addresses
My Nexus One supports IPv6 and gets an IPv6 address when connected to
my home WiFi. However, I can't yet get IPv6 from Rogers. However,
that will likely change when 4G phones appear, as they will use voice
over IP and there aren't anywhere near enough IPv4 addresses to
support them.

Why not?

They are likely going to replace current smartphones, all of which have
IPs now.
They are all behind nat too.
Visit www.whatsmyip.net on your nexus one.
Then dial *#*#4636#*#* and select Phone Information. Scroll down till
you see Interface Rmnet0, compare numbers.

4G phones is a meaningless term.
LTE is meaningful, but does not require ipV6.