Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6 - which hardware?

James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
Very pricey and very complex to configure (last I looked).

Okay, it's obviously been a while since I last looked, Cisco prices
seem
to have come down a bit. A Cisco 886 looks like a reasonable
suggestion. That just leaves the configuration complexity, which I
still think is a significant hurdle.

Cisco gear and similar is complex to configure, because they can do so
much more than consumer level gear. I have a lot of experience with
Adtran, which is similar to Cisco and it can do stuff home users can't
even dream about.

Sure, but for me that doesn't change anything. My needs are simple -
IPv4+6, ADSL over ISDN, preferably firewall, bandwidth management and
ISDN dial-backup. Apart from IPv6, consumer level devices satisfy
those quite easily, but they are not reliable. The LANCOM box I've got
now is reliably built, rack mounted, meets those requirement
except .... IPv6. It's even affordable, I think it was about EUR400
including the rackmount kit. Well, one of these days I'll have to try
out the bridging again.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.1°C)