[opensuse] Firewall 2xISP Failover Config - Please Help

Hi, folks,

I have SuSE Linux server which acts as 2-interface router & firewall with firehol package for firewalling setup.

Now we would like to add backup net line to another ISP via third net interface. so if connection to ISP#1 fail, all traffic will be automatically switched to ISP#2. Once ISP#1 becomes available again, firewall/router should be switched back.

Anyone have any clue how to do it with firehol ?

Checking net connections probably have to be done via cron script and 1 min interval.

If there are no turnkey solution with firehol I can switch to another firewall front-end, its not a big problem.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion(s).

  • Re: Security Appliance With 12 Network Segments
    ... You configure some things in the firewall, ... therefore if somebody gets access to the switch he can't bypass ... why don't I have to label that one port? ... I configure it usually with an access list wth the network which is ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: One workstation cant access email from ISP - CROSSPOST
    ... Remove or disable the ISA Firewall client. ... Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection: ... Switch is nothing more than a patch panel; ... port - same result. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Bridged firewall, port flapping
    ... Cisco Catalyst 2960G switch segmented into two vlans. ... Pair of Debian boxes with a transparent bridging firewall comprising ... Merely restarting networking, however, does not. ... iface lo inet loopback ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: SBS2008 Monitor internet usage
    ... You'll want to look at hardware with that configuration. ... a good firewall to properly protect your network from the outside world. ... > connected to the switch as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: firewall setup
    ... Connect eth2 to the switch with your servers and eth1 to the switch going to ... firewall and still keep their names. ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ... Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field ...
    (Security-Basics)