[opensuse] Re: VMware server on openSuSE11.3, vmware-config.pl breaks.
- From: Malcolm <malcolm_lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 23:04:19 -0500
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 22:07:38 -0500
"Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 21 October 2010 15:55:11 Malcolm wrote:Hi
Here is the SDB article;
What do you think to rename article to something a bit shorter and
more universal. Now it is a "openSUSE 11.3 or SLED 11 SP1" in a few
months it will be "openSUSE 11.4 or SLED 11 SP2" and so on.
If you use "Installing VMware server or workstation" then you
achieved a lot.
1) No obvious (redundant) openSUSE in a title - it is openSUSE wiki.
2) No version specific encoding in a title gives title and URL
In a wiki, and similar in the forums, title is part of the URL.
URL that doesn't change is important on the web, specially if article
is kept up to date with links to older versions. That was one of our
mistakes in old wiki. Encoding version/year/other information in a
title, making it transient from day one, was one of mistakes we did
in the old wiki.
Versions are in a template Knowledge anyway.
Once newer version is available this one can be copied to:
Archive:SDB:Installing VMware server or workstation on openSUSE 11.3
or SLED 11 SP1
This time encoding relevant information in title is necessary, so
that we can have multiple versions stored in archive. Although even
there shorter title is better, for instance:
Archive:SDB:Installing VMware server or workstation on 11.3
Is it possible to rename, or would I need to create a new article?
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 22.214.171.124-0.3-default
up 14:32, 4 users, load average: 0.31, 0.34, 0.16
GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 260.19.12
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Grub Recovery Cheat-Sheet [was Re: [opensuse] Trashed boot loader]
- Next by Date: Re: Grub Recovery Cheat-Sheet [was Re: [opensuse] Trashed boot loader]
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Re: VMware server on openSuSE11.3, vmware-config.pl breaks.
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Re: VMware server on openSuSE11.3, vmware-config.pl breaks.