Fwd: [opensuse] Any samba guru around?
- From: Ciro Iriarte <cyruspy@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 23:08:47 -0300
Oops, forwarding to the list...
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ciro Iriarte <cyruspy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Any samba guru around?
To: Rui Santos <rsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
2010/10/20 Rui Santos <rsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I'm no Samba Guru...
I use Aamba PDC with an openLDAP backend, so it would work. Windows7
needs a two registry tweaks. http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7
You should also take a look at samba4. According to its specs, it mimics
WinS2003/2008 AD, in case you find any use for it... According to their
website the most important features are implemented.
Sounds nice guys, I have another related question, what about ctdb?. I
know it's used for fileserver clustering, but can I have a HA PDC
using that feature?. I've seen from configuration examples that with
ctdb all the cluster members use the same netbios name, I wonder how
does this affect PDC functions...
I'll subscribe to SAMBA maillist, I was trying to avoid filling my
email inbox with yet another maillist content :D
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: [opensuse] Re: Embedded Spaces in Pathnames
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Re: 11.2_update & now: LC_CTYPE: cannot change locale (en_US.UTF-8)
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Re: Embedded Spaces in Pathnames
- Next by thread: Re: Fwd: [opensuse] Any samba guru around?