Re: [opensuse] Problem with Virtualbox kernel 2.6.36 module

On 11/10/2010 9:24 AM, Bogdan Cristea wrote:
On Wednesday 10 November 2010 16:19:23 Hernan Thiers wrote:
Here it's me again with the kernel 2.6.36 adventures :)

I have been trying to run my virtual machines in virtualbox with no
success so I decided to upgrade packages for upgraded kernel, this means
to install them from Virtualization-kernel-HEAD repo.

I am using kernel 2.6.34.7-0.5-desktop and I have no problem running
VirtualBox (not the OSE). Why are you trying to use a higher version of the
kernel instead of the default one for openSUSE 11.3 ?

I can tell you why I do: better performance with Nvidia drivers
(latest). I was having issues with KDE seeming to lockup for short
periods. After I updated my kernel to the kernel in Kernel:HEAD and
reinstalled the kernel module, bliss has settled!

-Matt

  • Re: [opensuse] VirtualBox OSE problmes with openSUSE 10.3
    ... instructions from the VirtualBox End-User Guide and the wiki article about it ... up it works fine until I reboot my system, it seems the vboxdrv kernel module ... When you install VBox package from OSS repo, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: virtualbox wont open
    ... I went through the same issues when I tried to install the newest virtual box on my suse 12.1. ... Uninstalling old VirtualBox DKMS kernel ... Trying to register the VirtualBox kernel modules using ... You'll need to do this in the guest machine too when you get it running. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: virtualbox wont open
    ... I went through the same issues when I tried to install the newest virtual box on my suse 12.1. ... Uninstalling old VirtualBox DKMS kernel ... Trying to register the VirtualBox kernel modules using ... You'll need to do this in the guest machine too when you get it running. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: virtualbox wont open
    ... Trying to register the VirtualBox kernel modules ... (Failed, trying without DKMS) ... :-) Bob ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: virtualbox wont open
    ... Trying to register the VirtualBox kernel modules ... :-) Bob ... benjie1@linux-0fzk:~> getent group vboxusers ...
    (SuSE)