From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
To: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, November 10, 2010 4:59:58 PM
Subject: [opensuse] zypper totally non-interactive?

I want to add a call to zypper to a Tcl script. I have no trouble
determining what missing packages I want to install and running the
script. The problem is that zypper insists, it seems, on asking for
confirmation about installing packages. I understand that it is probably
generally bad form to install without getting user ok. In this case, I
am doing a check of a newly installed openSUSE system, and I want to be
sure no required packages are missing. I see how to tell zypper to auto
OK license files. But I see no way to tell it to auto OK installing
packages.

I know I know I know. But is there such an option? (I did not ask if
there SHOULD be an option. I do not want that discussion.)

Not having such an option does not stop a potential hidden package
installation. All I need to do is wrap the script in 'expect'. It is
just that this increases the list of required packages that I need to
run this. And I am trying to minimize that list.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 10-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

  • Re: How to reinstall *everything*?
    ... I suggest you download my backup.pl script: ... then create a file called .backuprc with: ... packages" and pressed L "Request that a package be reinstalled.". ... A package failed to install. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: zypper refuses to update some software
    ... I've been getting a long list of packages that won't be updated. ... It looks like it wants to install the update stack patch first. ... zypper patch // first run will install update stack update ... The package would change vendor and all its ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Package manager for command line?
    ... I know there are apt, smart, zypper and maybe even more. ... rpm will not download. ... I want to install packages by script. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: synaptic problem?
    ... just installed packages and selected that filter. ... selected "generate package install script" from the File menu. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] Yast SW Management -> filter: repositories -- is Hosed
    ... What does zypper ref --force net you? ... I finally got everything to install ... None of what I have seen explains why the packages ... I know about the new policykit backend problems, ...
    (SuSE)