[opensuse] cupsd settings
- From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 07:21:04 +0100
I'm trying to print to a remote cups server. The setup should be correct
already with one issue left. The printer is always broadcasted with the
hostname instead of the ip address of the print server. This hostname
cannot get resolved in this network (I know it's bad but no way to
change that). All documentation I've found says that I need to set
"ServerName" in cupsd.conf to the ip address.
But this doesn't work. It's still broadcasting the hostname as part of
the printer uri.
This is openSUSE 11.3 with cups 1.4.4.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] repo rebuild needed on repositories/KDE:/KDE3/SLE_11/
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] setting locale in openSUSE / KDE
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Open Office Writer spell checker
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] cupsd settings