Re: [opensuse] Netinstall path for 11.1 broken... :-(

On 12/9/2010 8:49 AM, Oddball wrote:
Well, whattayeknow, seems the networkcable was broken this way, that the
clip to secure the plug in its socket was torn off: the cable was
sitting in the socket, but not entirely to the bottom: no contact....

So you see, i made a lot of fuss about something that was not it..... i
am deeply ashamed... :-s..
But now it works....
Did a lot of unnessesary things, cluttered the list with lies!

I want to appologise for that...

regards,

Rob.

Coming back here to say so helped a lot.

The entire story from start to finish serves as instruction and example for newbies, but only when it includes this final post that explains away the rest, which many do not ever bother to do.

So no worries.

--
bkw

  • Re: Idiot ideas
    ... multi-outlet socket adaptor designed to hang on edge of table. ... between wall socket and plug, and relay power consumption to a remote ... is a schucko wall socket whose surround is a press switch. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: Change spark plug
    ... >>> longer spark plug socket. ... >>> As you said, buy a longer spark plug socket, the likely candidate ... More opinion, he probably got his plugs in by now... ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Re: Riggers Diary
    ... The picture on Photobucket was of the collection of plugs I used to have to ... strip and a "fit all" plug. ... we found a strange socket that of course our "fit all" ... The live pin was a screw-in 13A fuse and, if it came lose withe repeated ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Kate McCann
    ... adults trying to plug stripped wires into a plug socket before ... DC radio into a 240v AC socket. ... The danger from plug sockets are ... Children may be old enough to understand the danger by the age they can pull a UK plug from a socket, but they certainly don't have to be very old to pull a continental plug out by the wire of the appliance, or stick something metal into the interesting holes of an unoccupied socket. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: TOT: installing Schuko socket
    ... Next time you insert a UK plug, you can get a bad connection. ... So not only will it not fit the gap without distorting either faceplate of the socket or the pins of the plug, it will also splay the terminals of the socket. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)