Re: [opensuse] 11.3 kernel

* Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> [12-12-10 12:42]:

I am guessing this is not going to work with a file as downloaded from
nvidia. There is the stdarg.h madness that seems never to go away...

That is the *files* that it does work with.

/usr/src/linux-2.6.37-rc3-git1-6/include/linux/kernel.h:12:20: fatal error: stdarg.h: No such file or directory

you need to have kernel-source-2.6.37-rc3-git1-6.noarch installed, or
whatever kernel-source-#### that matches your kernel. The nvidia
compiler is looking for the kernel header files contained in the
kernel-source package.

works for me(!TM).

  • nvidia whats wrong?
    ... Nvidia display driver kernel module ... Re-added the mysteriously vanished sleep line in the init script ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [Fedora] Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !
    ... The problem was that installing the new kernel killed nvidia from ... -> There appears to already be a driver installed on your system ...
    (Fedora)
  • How can I fix errors and warnings in nvidia module for Tesla C1060
    ... I am trying to install driver of nvidia Tesla C1060 on x86 based ... Unable to load the kernel module 'nvidia.ko'. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Warning: Latest Kernel Sources on Sid
    ... Kqemu and Nvidia's driver were hit by this. ... I am using nvidia module. ... booting in the new kernel version): ... much actually for a repeat compile!). ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: nVidia drivers
    ... They wanted to install the 2.4.27 kernel. ... I tried the installer from nVidia, one of the 8000 series drivers. ... What do I need to do to get this damn driver to install? ...
    (Debian-User)