Re: [opensuse] Firefox crashes always over X from 11.3 to OS X - anybody know anything?
- From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 13:51:35 +0000
I've had this problem with Firefox since I installed 11.3 on the
server. I'm using the latest OS X on the laptop to access the server.
So, I'm using the X server from OS X and ssh -Y to connect to the
server. All other X programs work (as far as I can remember), but
firefox always crashes. When I launch firefox, I get this:
Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display "localhost:10.0".
And then I get X-window from firefox saying that it crashed and that
crash report can be sent. I've always sent the report and hoped that
it would be noticed somewhere. However, it's now been quite a while
and no update that would fix this, so I'm asking if anybody has any
ideas what to do? It's quite annoying as while I do not exactly surf
with the browser on server, most programs try to use it for showing
Pure instinct but I don't think the RANDR warning is the problem.
Try the following variation. Again just guesswork but nobody else has
had a better suggestion :(
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] DKIM-Milter or Perl-Mail-DKIM
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] DKIM-Milter or Perl-Mail-DKIM
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Firefox crashes always over X from 11.3 to OS X - anybody know anything?
- Next by thread: [opensuse] FreeNX on openSUSE11.3 not working/connecting