Re: [opensuse] Connecting iPod to OpenSUSE

On 27 déc. 2010, at 04:13, Terry Eck <terry_eck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Connected an iPod to USB port on OpenSUSE 11.3 and nothing shows up.
Anyone know of software which will "see" the iPod directories? Is this
even possible.
Thanks,
Terry

--
openSUSE 11.3 -- Kernel 2.6.34 -- GNU/Linux -- Sun 12/26/10
21:10pm up 3 days 11:52, 3 users, load average: 0.11, 0.18, 0.23

Hi Terry

I successfully achieved this with my iPhone 3 and 4. Even from a terminal. I used Yast and Google. In Yast I typed iPhone in a search for packages

In Google iPhone and openSUSE there are recipes to follow and now I can just do that

Please bear in mind that the databases of songs, movies etc. are proprietary. So whatever you manage there will not be reflected on the iPod itself

Have fun
Jimmy

PS I made a demo of smeegol recently and I could do a few things with my iPhone--

  • Re: .profile not being read
    ... Sent from my iPhone ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: beginners-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: beginners-help@xxxxxxxx ... Hal Wigoda ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • [opensuse] Ipphne android Blackberry Oh my
    ... with 11.3 I can sync generally use My iphone with ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: .profile not being read
    ... On Feb 18, 2013, at 1:50 AM, Hal Wigoda wrote: ... Sent from my iPhone ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: beginners-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: beginners-help@xxxxxxxx ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: [opensuse] Why are there not more using Linux?
    ... With thanks to all who've made this what it is, and with continuing faith that one day it'll be what it deserves to be, and have the acceptance and mainstream support it deserves. ... I recently bought a VIC 20, which was my first computer. ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] HP Pavilion DV6000 No Microphone input
    ... Only the microphone input, needed with Skype, doesn't work. ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... I fired up a KDE app called Kmix. ...
    (SuSE)