Re: [opensuse] Split DNS?

On 12/27/2010 04:12 PM, Marc Chamberlin wrote:
Hi - Wonder if anyone has set up a split DNS server running on a single system, with two NICs, under openSuSE? If so, did you rework any of the daemon scripts to start a second named daemon? How did you reorganize the named directories in the chrooted dir /var/lib/named? Looking at the scripts this looks rather hairy, so if someone has already done this, sure could use some pointers and reworked scripts...

Have a look at dnsmasq:

<http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/doc.html>

It's in the repos too.

Regards,
Lew

  • Re: How to find old clients that no longer exist
    ... If there are any similar scripts, I would be interested in seeing them. ... If you need some pointers as to how to write it, ... > both SMS and AD)? ... the client is not installed on the newly formated machine as SMS ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: firewall stateful failover
    ... > Is there a way to handle the state table in ipfw/ipf? ... > scripts to do 'failover', but I'm wandering if there's a way to 'share' ... > I've briefly searched Google for 'BSD Firewall Failover', ... Of course I ideally want pointers to opensource solutions... ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: firewall stateful failover
    ... > Is there a way to handle the state table in ipfw/ipf? ... > scripts to do 'failover', but I'm wandering if there's a way to 'share' ... > I've briefly searched Google for 'BSD Firewall Failover', ... Of course I ideally want pointers to opensource solutions... ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: LiveCD trouble
    ... Dario Freni wrote: ... I'd appreciate if anyone can look at this or at least provide pointers on what to try next. ... FreeSBIE's rc scripts (or considered starting from FreeSBIE toolkit itself, which is fully working for other projects)? ... No, I though it would be simpler to just roll my own, because later in the process I'll have some unusual requirements for the scripts so if I used FreeSBIE I'd probably have to modify it severely. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Script Writing - Checking Event log
    ... > Looking for pointers where I can read about creating scripts that will ... > through event logs for certain conditions and then take an action. ... > Jeff Loucks ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)