Re: [opensuse] ssh X forwarding - what's missing?

Bob Williams wrote:
This is not an answer to the question you've asked, but have you tried sshfs?
It allows you to mount a remote filesystem locally, and I find it runs stuff
faster than ssh -X, because the program is running on your local machine, and
only data gets moved over the link.

There are many applications where you need more than file access. For example, I regularly remotely access yast2 on my firewall via ssh. I'm also currently experimenting with Firewall Builder. Both of these examples have to run on the target computer.