Re: [opensuse] ssh X forwarding - what's missing?
- From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 10:13:43 -0500
Bob Williams wrote:
This is not an answer to the question you've asked, but have you tried sshfs?
It allows you to mount a remote filesystem locally, and I find it runs stuff
faster than ssh -X, because the program is running on your local machine, and
only data gets moved over the link.
There are many applications where you need more than file access. For example, I regularly remotely access yast2 on my firewall via ssh. I'm also currently experimenting with Firewall Builder. Both of these examples have to run on the target computer.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: [opensuse] PPC Factory
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] ssh X forwarding - what's missing?
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] ssh X forwarding - what's missing?
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] ssh X forwarding - what's missing?