[opensuse] Screen resolution file?

Hi,

Running OpenSuSe 11.2 and a 11.3 on separate hardware both with KDE and
would like to find out which file I can edit using my trusty Kate or
kwrite text editor that would control the screen resolution.

I currently need to use krandrtray to set the resolution from the system
auto default of 1680x1050 to a more respectable/readable 1024x768. If I
logoff or power down the machine, I need to visit krandrtray each time
to set the screen resolution as it defaults to the auto setting of
1680x1050 when I logon again.

I have already Googled and looked at the mailing list archives and have
not seen anything specific other than what I have tried already.

What I would like to know is which filename, read by the OS on user
logon, decides the screen resolution for that user. Can I edit the
contents of this/these file/s using the Kate/Kwrite text editor?

Appreciated

Hylton

  • Re: why does text not fit in the layers when view larger
    ... > having to go into each page one at a time, and edit to match? ... Murray ... >> browser viewport. ... >> with a screen resolution of 1024 X 768 pixels. ...
  • Bug or paternalism in screen resolution?
    ... Monitor: LG Flatron T910B ... using KDE) so all the editings I tried are removed. ... The Gnome screen resolution app DOES work. ... The LAST thing I want is Ubuntu taking options out of my hands - ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • =?UTF-8?Q?Re:_[opensuse]_Screen_resolution_?= =?UTF-8?Q?file=3F?=
    ... Running OpenSuSe 11.2 and a 11.3 on separate hardware both with KDE and ... kwrite text editor that would control the screen resolution. ... Can I edit the ... Ask openSUSE developers to add back sax2 for manual xorg configuration. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] very small font
    ... System: openSUSE 10.3 + KDE ... Problem: when I choose screen resolution: 1600*1200 the default font ... I think for apps using GTK you have to change also ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] KDE users - What has been your experience with KDE in openSUSE 11.0?
    ... been going for those using KDE in openSUSE 11.0. ... Now I use Gnome, and earlier I have used KDE 3. ... The shut-down icon in the lower right corner looks like a bunch of icons laying over each other. ... That's why i first thought my screen resolution is wrong. ...
    (SuSE)