Re: [opensuse] Notepad++

On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 16:35 +0100, Gilles SICHE wrote:
But what I like above all, is the possibility to make the same change
in more than one page at the same time (ctrl+H : make changes in all
opened pages), save all opened pages or close them in one click, and
the possibility to open the browser directly from Notepad++ to see
what the page looks like.

Syntax highlighting, Save All, Close All and open browser, those are
features available in many editors. Most IDEs, and some editors such as
kate have them.

I'm curious about the "make changes in all opened pages though". How
would that work? Is it a regular expression that gets executed on all
docs? If so, the feature is available in kate, where you also have the
option to create "snipplets" to implement your own features.

If it's something else, I'd love to know how that works in notepad++

Anders

  • Re: Rank features for creative writers editor
    ... offer me enough benefit to cause me to consider switching editors. ... I thought, "Wait a minute, I do most of my creative writing in Word. ... Additional features, which are desirable but not essential: ... Coders take care of their ideas by gathering them i editors for coding. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: And they wonder why people switch...
    ... >a major application's features. ... >say Emacs or vi - I use emacs for scripts and things but wouldn't write ... There are some other editors. ... I'd check YaST, filtering for editors. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Newbie: which IDE to use?
    ... a good overview of all the IDEs available for php. ... www.php-editors.com list and evaluations of editors ... I tried out a lot of free editors, ... whistles - but they weren't features I really wanted. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Hey Babe, dats a nice pair you got there--vise jaws, that is... [Re: G-Code Librarie
    ... Notepad does support a mouse wheel. ... I'm not saying Ultraedit is bad or useless, ... >> compared a number of different editing tools/programs. ... >> that limited experience that a few extra features might be helpful if I ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Hey Babe, dats a nice pair you got there--vise jaws, that is... [Re: G-Code Librarie
    ... >>> induce a twisting moment in the jaws, the taller the vise jaws the more ... > Swiss Cheese Plate to our Makino I used NotePad. ... > that limited experience that a few extra features might be helpful if I ... UltraEdit allows one to work with lots of large text files very easily. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)