[opensuse] adjtime in openSUSE 11.2

Hello:

My system clock tends to stray (1-2 minutes within a week, or so)
So far I adjusted the time manually using the command:
# sntp -r ntp1.ptb.de
then setting hwclock
# hwclcok --systohc

I would like the system automatically set/keep the time.
I also discovered that there is no /etc/adjtime on my system.
Is that normal?

Where could I find a decent description on how to use
1) adjtime method for keeping time, or
2) sntp in case when the system is turned off and on
frequently and is connected to the net occasionally only.

Thanks,
Istvan

  • Re: [opensuse] adjtime in openSUSE 11.2
    ... My system clock tends to stray ... So far I adjusted the time manually using the command: ... # sntp -r ntp1.ptb.de ...
    (SuSE)
  • =?UTF-8?Q?Re:_[opensuse]_adjtime_in_openSUSE?= =?UTF-8?Q?_11.2?=
    ... My system clock tends to stray ... So far I adjusted the time manually using the command: ... then setting hwclock ... sntp in case when the system is turned off and on ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Steven L Umbanch.
    ... > Semicolon wont even let me complete command successfully. ... > gives error and says invalid date specified. ... > able to log in at 5:05 on system clock. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: set time
    ... Assuming that Trustix uses the Linux "coreutils" date, ... is to use datecommand to set the system time. ... A longer form is ... to set the system clock to 11:46:22 AM on February 24 ...
    (comp.os.linux.questions)
  • "after" timer script is never called if the system time is set backwards.
    ... script to update that widget's contents to the latest time. ... for the common use case. ... which I use to change the system clock (via the "date" ... I assume there is a problem with the "after" command I use. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)