[opensuse] adjtime in openSUSE 11.2
- From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 13:12:20 +0100
My system clock tends to stray (1-2 minutes within a week, or so)
So far I adjusted the time manually using the command:
# sntp -r ntp1.ptb.de
then setting hwclock
# hwclcok --systohc
I would like the system automatically set/keep the time.
I also discovered that there is no /etc/adjtime on my system.
Is that normal?
Where could I find a decent description on how to use
1) adjtime method for keeping time, or
2) sntp in case when the system is turned off and on
frequently and is connected to the net occasionally only.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] How to keep KDE4 from messing with my CD/DVD
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] How to keep KDE4 from messing with my CD/DVD
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Kernel 2.6.38-rc5 and opening LUKS encrypted device
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] adjtime in openSUSE 11.2