[opensuse] patterns and installed RPMs.
- From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 09:56:34 +0100
If I have a pattern installed, shouldn't all the packages (perhaps
except Suggested ones) be installed? For example, I have the kde4
pattern installed on an 11.2 system. As can be seen via:
zypper info -t pattern kde4
not all packages are installed:
Information for pattern kde4:
i | samba | package |
i | kompare | package |
i | gutenprint | package |
i | konversation | package |
| kweather | package |
| mozilla-xulrunner191-kde4 | package |
| kalarm | package | Suggested
| kdebase4-wallpapers | package | Suggested
i | krdc | package |
i | krfb | package |
| speedcrunch | package |
Shouldn't packages like kweather be installed? I have not done anything
to keep it from being installed.
I see that the pattern is from the default 11.2 install. I am running
KDE from /KDE:/Release:/45/openSUSE_11.2/.
Does the pattern only get used when it is installed? If I see that there
are things not installed from a pattern, is there a command to get these
things installed? I tried updating the pattern package. But that had no
OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST
Office: Int +46 10-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696
Ramböll Sverige AB
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] What were they thinking... ? "Ontologies necessary for the Nepomuk semantic desktop"
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] [11.4 RC2 64bit]-Missing Icons For Some Installed Programs?
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] What were they thinking... ? "Ontologies necessary for the Nepomuk semantic desktop"
- Next by thread: [opensuse] CPU load reported in HTOP, Ksysguard