Re: [opensuse] 11.4 - No OpenOffice-base?
- From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:48:41 -0600
On 03/11/2011 12:32 AM, C wrote:
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 06:02, David C. Rankin wrote:Guys,
What's the story with OpenOffice? All I find for 11.4 is 'libreoffice'. I
know they are supposed to be the same, but I don't really want to have
'libreoffice' on some computers with 11.4 and then 'OpenOffice' on the
Is it going to be built? If not, anybody got a spec that will work to
create packages from the oo tarball?
You don't need to create packages from the OOo tarball. If you want
OOo over LibO, then remove LibO, and download the Linux version of OOo
from the OOo website. You can use the setup script included in the
tar.gz file and install as root... looks/works fine on any computers
running 11.4 and 11.3 that I've installed it on. If you don't want to
use the setup script, you can manually install the RPMs that are in
That's what I did. I just unzipped the ooo tarball and then moved the rpms I wanted to install into a tmp dir and then just did rpm -Uvh tmp/*.rpm It worked great. (the only need for the tmp dir is that ooo 3.3 ships with an older version of JRE.
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Looking for way to convert Thunderbird mail files to kmail format.
- Next by Date: [opensuse] 11.4 - Rocks - Great Job Devs!
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] 11.4 - No OpenOffice-base?
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] 11.4 - No OpenOffice-base?