Re: [opensuse] 3 partitions vs. 11 partitions
- From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:37:39 +0100
David Haller wrote:
Let's say I'd use LVM, what if e.g. /dev/sde shows defects (seen in
the SMART data). Can LVM show me what dirs and files(!) I have on the
PV(s) on that probably soon-failing drive?
Doesn't matter because in the sane world you're now running LVM over a
RAID, right? So the RAID tells you it's replaced /dev/sde with the hot
spare and the rebuild is in progress. End of story. :-P
-dnh, hand-selected, translated sig for this occasion
 All Hardware Sucks, All Software Sucks,
 anything that can go wrong, will. At the most inconvenient
time. Wreaking as much havoc as possible [e.g. taking the most
important data with it].
But yes, I do agree with these points. Sometimes it would keep me awake
at night if I was the obsessive worrying type.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] 3 partitions vs. 11 partitions
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Error trying to build drivers
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] 3 partitions vs. 11 partitions
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] 3 partitions vs. 11 partitions