Re: [opensuse] Slightly OT but computers

On Thursday 21 April 2011 04:45:51 Mihira Fernando wrote:
[snip]

Pete (PS it is running winXP +SP3)
The problem maybe there. Try booting it with a Linux live CD/USB stick
and see if it still has the same problem.

Mihira.
yes was thinking that but i got to go buy a an ide to usb to do that my last
one died i am thinking it was a failed update on eXtra Plonkey that fried it
the bloke thqt owns it aint got the first idea .

Pete .

You could just use an external USB cd rom and boot it off a live CD...

Mihira.

  • Re: [opensuse] Slightly OT but computers
    ... Pete (PS it is running winXP +SP3) ... Try booting it with a Linux live CD/USB stick ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: hpusbfd.sys
    ... Pete, check this out ... > I'm having trouble with my external USB 2.0 drive. ... > The only thing I can see is that the unrecognized device ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: [opensuse] Slightly OT but computers
    ... Pete ... Try booting it with a Linux live CD/USB stick ... You could just use an external USB cd rom and boot it off a live CD... ... doubt find a way have to go on the blag dont feel inclined to spend right now ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: XP SP3 and IMAPI V2
    ... Try copying files to a DVD. ... And you can't install KB932716 when SP3 is installed. ... Pete wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP SP3 and IMAPI V2
    ... trying to install WindowsXP-KB932716-x86-ENU.exe fails. ... "Pete" wrote: ... And you can't install KB932716 when SP3 is installed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)