[opensuse] using scanner in KDE4

I can use Xsane and scan documents as root but as a normal user all scanning
programs report that there are no available devices. I assume that this is a
permission problem. Can anyone give me some advice as to how to correct this?

I am using opensuse 11.4 and kde 4.6; I have a PackardBell usb scanner and the
firmware is installed with permissions rw-r--r--.

Thanks
Eddie
--
Delight thyself also in the Lord and He shall give thee the desires of thine
heart.

  • Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries (FIRST successful installation of Linux)
    ... permission from your *normal user* account by exercising root privileges ... user to root. ...  Done with sudo! ...   i - puts vi in insert mode ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: user privledges
    ... > redhat 7.2 i created a user account for myself to use on a daily basis. ... > fare i have just been su - and entering the root pass. ... it started but would not install because i did ... sofware to /opt/musicmatch as a normal user. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: jail() House Rock
    ... Think carefully about exactly what kind of privileges your clients get. ... normal user account on the main server, and root inside the jail. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: [SLE] Firefox, fixed and broken again.... :-(
    ... >> through KDE as root but not as a normal user. ... But if it works for root, not for user, I ... I opened Firefox it opened fine. ... I then tried opening Firefox again - remember it ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: GUI login screen.
    ... Well i think the best solution to get around this is to setup a normal user account... ... then edit the /etc/passwd file and set that person with root permissions so as soon as they login theyre automatically made root. ...
    (Debian-User)